Sunday, June 25, 2006

Joint Schools Picnic 2006 (Jun 24)

[By Regina Cheung]
Salad with choices of dressings, hot dogs, marbled tea leaves eggs, chicken wings, jumbo sausages, delicious marinated beef ribs, roasted whole-piggy, beautiful dessert tarts, yellow corns, sweet and juicy water melon ..... When I think about the yummy food, my mouth starts watering again. I am not talking about any restaurant, but the food we had on the day at our Joint School Picnic.
I appreciated this year there was a sign at the parking lot to direct us to the BBQ site and I could see our school banner waving at me from afar. When I arrived, I was greeted by our President, Irene, then Angela and Olivia. It was so nice to see their happy and friendly faces again. We chatted on everything - no time gap and no age gap.
It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cloudy, and with a little breeze! What a perfect day to relax and chit-chat with friends and for family gathering!! The kids played balls, flew kites, rode their bikes and when they were hungry, the food was ready for them. How nice!!! We walked around the park and embraced in the hands of Mother Nature. It was a leisure day indeed!!!!
It wasn't the end of the picnic yet. The high-light of the day was the lucky draw. Why I have to mention that? Because I was lucky enough to get a prize ??a dainty cocktail glass! WOW!! And we could not end our fun without a great big group photo.
Thanks to the Committee for arranging such a good time for us. For those who missed the fun, we hope to see you all at the next day trip in September and the Annual Dinner in October.
Live St. Francis, live forever!! God bless us all.